The gym and rummages (that's Wisconsin for garage sales).
Beware, this is a nerdy post.
When I signed up for the gym membership I didn't realize how much I would love it. I thought running on the treadmill would be a bit of a drag (not being outside and never going anywhere). However, I actually think it's fun to be sort of mathematical about the workout. I can adjust inclines and speed to various combo's to make myself work hard. I don't have to think about my rout, waiting at stoplights, weather, or strange dogs either (sorry, Dad). And when I'm working really hard but feeling tired I have to make a conscious effort (pushing buttons) to wimp out--whereas when I'm running outside I may just slow down without even realizing it. Thus--I think I work harder. Ahh, it feels good to exert one's self.
And the weights--I love doing weights! Who'd a thought. The guy at the gym gives me a workout and will change it up as necessary. It's cool (no extra $ either). Originally fearing intimidation, I actually found it's energizing to work out when other people are in there. Especially when people are really pumping iron! We're all in there pushing ourselves (though their pushing involves a lot more metal than mine!). And lest you think I'm pushing a size zero...please...I weigh the same as when I started! If I could just kick my dessert habit. Come on, I gotta live a little!
And...rummages.
New York, Iowa, and college life in Utah and Colorado somehow each had reasons to have few garage sales or little ability to get to them. But now, now there are TONS and I can go live the life I envied in so many of YOU!!! Trikes for $5, toys for pocket change, games for a dollar, and random household stuff for a deal! It's probably good we're not in a house or I'd be tempted to fill it too fast!
Sunday, June 22, 2008
My two new loves
Posted by Katie at 6:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Way to go hardcore. I need your drive.
-Dorothy
You're my inspiration! Thanks for the fun chat about working out. Way to pump it up! So....what awesome treasures did you find??
okay, so you MAY have motivated me to get back onto my dusty treadmill downstairs...although i'm with you, it really is energizing to be working out at a gym, with other people sweatin' it out with you. i used to put myself up for little competitions with the unsuspecting runner alongside me. like, "if she can run 6.0 mph for 30 minutes, then i can do it for 35." ha! nothing like a little competitive spirit to whip you into shape.
heidi--
the game of life
hungry hungry hippos
a super pretty girly jewelry box (like a mini-jewelry armoire)
a dust buster (new)
a humidifier (perfect, I was just looking to replace ours)
picture frames
beanie babies and misc. toys for our "daily dollar" prizes
a cute candle holder for my wall in my bathroom--it has a bird on it JUST like my shower curtain!
everything was a steal, of course. :)
Michelle--Haha! Sometimes I'll listen to the next runner's pace (can't see the screen without being too obvious) and try to tell who's faster. But you have a whole new level of competition! I'm in!
Dorothy--I'll give you my drive when we come visit--you're taking me on that hike, remember? :)
oh, and 2 pairs of nice tennis shoes for Andrew--50 cents each!
Katie, I understand the garage sale thing. I love finding a treasure. For me lately it is accessories for the dolls and toys I enjoy refurbishing--like tiny stuffed animals, dolly dishes for tea party sets/ picnic sets and such.
Post a Comment