A little ride to the pumpkin patch.

Monday, June 1, 2009

My first customer

Megan Kirsch, my completely awesome friend, asked me if I 'd make a cake for her son, Grant. Megan is officially my first customer ever in cake making. The funny thing is, I'm pretty sure the only cake she saw that I'd made was one on a home video...this was the only cake I'd ever purchased! (A girl from church made it for me!)

Her son, Grant, was having a football party, so I had a fairly simple, non-intimidating shape. Phew. Here's how it turned out:
I just love this cake.
And I just love Megan.

9 comments:

Dorothy said...

Nice work. Who designed the cake?

Katie said...

me

Yours, Mine, &, Crazy Daisy said...

So cute! How much of that is cake?

I am a big fan of your cakes! Love the Idol cake and the princess cake. Can I be your next customer?

Katie said...

the whole football is cake (and icing). The green is foil, white lines are icing.

Katie said...

oh, and...yes!

Sara said...

great job I like the lettering!

Michelle said...

cuuuuuhooooooot!

Megan said...

I love you too. I can't believe you never said anything about you not making the cake I saw in the video. The football cake was a hit. While we were eating it, Greg said call Katie and tell her we liked her cake. I said I had already told you, he said, no tell her we like how it tastes. He could totally care less how it looks as long as it tastes good. Thanks again

Jill Peterson said...

That cake is FABULOUS!!! Nice work!