Love serving up lunch sides like this
The other day A and A got a good laugh when Eliza was trying to speak to royalty saying "Your Matress-dee!"
The kids and I were in the car talking about what we could put on Daddy's father's day shirt we were making. Eliza was trying to spell DAD and started out D-O-A. I started laughing and said we wouldn't want to put DOA because that means Dead On Arrival! I explained what that means in an accident or something. There's a bit of a pause. Then Andrew says "OH! I thought you said Dead On A RIFLE!" More laughter from me imagining the "dead on a rifle" scene.
Last week highs in mid-nineties. Today the high is 64 or something.
Our dear friend, Rachel, and her family moved away this week. I babysat Rachel for about half of the school year. She is a sweetie and Abby's best friend. Her mom is a hoot and I will miss her bouncy personality. They are from Ghana and I figure will like the climate of their new Georgia home better than here.
To slightly lessen the blow of a best friend moving, the girls are happy about a new move-IN. Nadia was in Abby's kindergarten class and has just moved in across the hall. Very close. She has a 4-year-old sister, Lexie. So the girls are happy. They are really active, get-into-stuff girls. We've had to establish (over and over) that they have to knock before they come in. Every time. And wait for us to answer first. Wish me luck.
1 comments:
Ha! These are such fun insights into your world. It's always interesting talking about death with kids. Dead on a rifle?!?! Ha...
Post a Comment