A little ride to the pumpkin patch.

Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Rummage Luggage

I've had a lot of fun living in an area where people have garage sales. This summer the rummages have come in particularly handy. We just got back from a trip to Utah. We flew Frontier, who charges for checking luggage. Daniel was not flying with us on our way to Utah, thus I would not have the "packhorse." I knew if I had roller bags the kids could manage their own bags and we wouldn't have to check any. Well, it worked. Several weekends of rummaging brought me these four bags from "practically new" to "gee, I'll be happy if it holds up this one trip." (Which they did.) The total was $11.50. But having each kid be able to handle their own luggage? Priceless!

1 comments:

Heidi said...

You are da bomb! Looks like I'll be using this method come Christmastime. I'm so impressed with how you beat the system. Hooray to you!