We had a wonderful Christmas in our new home. I was quite pleased that we got to "hang our stockings with care" on a real mantle! Our friends, the Taylors came over for Christmas Eve dinner and fun. Here are the girls in their little cozy spots

while the boys work on the train (with newly acquired elevation pieces).

We decorated Christmas cut-out cookies, ate ribs and rainbow jell-o (among other things), and acted out the nativity.

Later the kids opened matching pj's. This picture was before Andrew decided the monkey print on the pants was cool enough. And yes, I took my first try at making doll clothes so they had matching pants too.

I love this.

How can you not love Christmas morning?



Our family has adopted the tradition of having a bigger-than-usual breakfast of cinnamon rolls, bacon, scrambled eggs, hot chocolate, and oj on Christmas morning. We eat it between Santa gifts and family under-the-tree gifts. One year I remember the momentum was too strong to stop and eat, but this year it worked great.

We all got a kick out of this very school-spirited Santa from Aunti Kate.

One of my favorite things this year was watching the kids choose gifts for each other and Mom and Dad, and how they enjoyed watching the recipient unwrap it. Like a necklace Eliza picked for me was so Eliza (big crystal heart, lots of dangly sparkly charms) but for Moms. And Abby found something special with my favorite color. And Andrew remembered something I wanted (a silly toy) that I had mentioned in passing a couple months prior. The thoughtfulness went on for each gift from each kid. And it didn't take a lot of money to be sincere. I loved it.
3 comments:
We missed spending Christmas Eve with you--that was a fun "tradition" that we only did once:(
We started all over again this year with new traditions--the good news is we'll still be here next Christmas to repeat!
Katie looks to good for a Christmas morning....
I don't know why exactly, but you post brought tears to my eyes. Just love the wholesome sweetness of your family, I guess!
You guys are awesome!
:) Patty
Post a Comment