Andrew and Eliza each had a field trip to learn about maple sugaring. I went to both and we all thought it was pretty cool! Here Andrew is learning about a French trader and checking out her wares. The kids learned how they discovered maple sap, how they used it......and this is the French trader's home...cozy!
For General Conference (church leaders speaking from Salt Lake, we watch on cable) we play a snack game. Kids get a certain snack item every time they hear a certain word. Chex for "faith" and mini marshmallow for "prayer." I suppose you could say it's a tradition now, they're big fans. This year they added the couch fort.
For Earth Day Kohl's had a lot of service projects lined up for employees to help with. We went to the Urban Ecology Center in Milwaukee and helped them mulch some of their trails. It was hard work and the kids did an awesome job helping!
Monday, June 13, 2011
Misc. Stuff
Posted by Katie at 7:54 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I love doing service projects with the kids! Our main one is picking up trash at the beach. I missed our Mormon Helping Hands project this year because I was too big and pregnant, but I heard my kids and hubby did an awesome job. The easter bag was funny--my oldest son would draw something very similar ; )
Post a Comment