A little ride to the pumpkin patch.

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Tidbits

I just got a call from a 1-800 number for "(hesitantly...er...)Donald Stowert."  I told them it was a wrong number.

Someday my kids will catch on...they can get away with delaying chores, homework, practicing piano, pretty much anything, when they play sweetly out in our yard together.  I just can't make them come in when they are raking paths and "homes" out of our newly fallen leaves to make a little town.  It's too good.

Several weeks ago Eliza saw a VERY pregnant woman (I swear she looked like she stuffed a basketball under her shirt) resting her hand on her tummy, like a shelf.  She didn't necessarily point her out, but she mentioned to me that someday I will do just that.  Then the other day I was resting my hand on my tummy and she had a great "I knew you would do that!" moment!

The day we made our "it's a girl" video at Target (ultrasound day), we let the kids each pick something little out for their new sister.  These were their finds:


 Andrew went out and took some pictures of the treasures in the yard this fall.  This is called a burning bush! You can see why!


 This is our ash tree--the leaves are completely gone now--and raked into a wee town.


 These mums were smooshed from a rainstorm.  I clipped a bunch of them and they are so gorgeous in our kitchen, dining room, and every bathroom (there were a lot)!


I borrowed an idea from BH&G and made these silhouettes for a little splash of fall/halloween on the wall.  Ummm, that squirrel on the top is a family joke and has found homes in some strange places.  Half the fun was making the entire thing from thrifted items!  (Except the rhinestones I stuck on the black plates.)


Eliza is finding new confidence in and new uses for writing, thanks to Kindergarten. She charmed us with this note for Abby:



 And this one for Andrew:


When she saw how much we loved it, she wrote him another:



3 comments:

Dorothy said...

The cuteness is too much Eliza!!!

Michelle said...

i love it all! cute plates, funny/cute eliza, beautiful yard!

Cynthia said...

Some day I hope to be as good of a mom as you are. I Love the variety of things on this post.