A little ride to the pumpkin patch.

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Some fun moments

My boy just loves this baby.  He's very attentive and keeps a close eye (and ear) on her.


I just laughed when I saw this scene late one night.  And to think Abby is sometimes hesitant to share her queen bed with Eliza because Eliza gets in her way.  No kidding!

(Eliza's foot is actually on Abby's chest.)


Abby and Eliza both were on Destination Imagination (called D.I.) teams this year.  They are teams that work on a central challenge (building or acting or something else creative) and compete after a few months of practice.  Also part of the competition is an instant challenge that the receive and complete on the spot.  It's all child-driven.  Kids do all the work--ideas, script writing, costume making, set building, everything.  Judges are very strict about adult "interference" as they call it.   The kids in grades K-2 are non-competitive, whereas 3rd on up compete for 1st-3rd place and also a spot in the state competition.  

Abby's group did a spoof on the story of Cortez and Montezuma.  They came up with such a clever and very funny script.  I was so proud of my actress daughter!  She is quite a hit on stage!  I can't wait to see her future in acting.


Abby's team (3rd-5th grade)--full of great friends!


Eliza's team wrote a story about the best toy ever.  The kids were adorable and she had such a fun time practicing all season.  Here she is as an assistant toy maker.  As kindergartners, she and one other girl were the youngest on their team.


Here they are!


 And here's wee Charlotte!
We had a hard time forming a baby D.I. team.  So we just let her lie around.
(March 29, 7 weeks old)



0 comments: