I noticed this birthday I've felt older. Have you had one of those? So if you ask the classic, "How does it feel to be 34?" I can answer you .
I've started liking long necklaces. I know, they're popular for a variety of age groups, but they are not something I would have worn 10 years ago because it was too "adult" of a look for me.
In fact, jewelry in general. I don't think I've shopped for jewelry ONCE since high school. Ok, I bought earrings for my wedding. But I bought a little jewelry for myself to go with some cute shirts D got for my bday. For me, that says I'm older. Whatever, you might disagree.
I see wrinkles on my face. It's that dang area between the brows.
I think I should wear foundation but I don't.
My skin is getting those tiny "dark spots" that I think are really called "age spots." If you live close to me, please don't inspect next time I run into you.
My hair. I like it. But I tried a similar style 10 years ago and promptly grew it out because it made me look/feel too much like a "Mom."
I have a middle schooler. The issues I am and will begin to face are reminding me of when I was a teenager, which doesn't feel like that long ago, but it is that long ago!
I have not joined twitter or purchased an i-anything. Sometimes I feel like technology is getting away from me. (But darn it, I won't let it! Not with these kids to raise!)
On the bright side, my number of gray hairs has remained at 4 and I can still wear my skinny jeans.
Now let's all have a good laugh and move on with our lives.
Friday, September 21, 2012
Feeling Older.
Posted by Katie at 10:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh my goodness Katie I can totally relate to this. I turned 40 last year and I am feeling the same way. This really cracked me up reading it because I have noticed the brown spots on my face too, felt old lately about having a son in 6th grade, and the technology thing too, Yipes, I dont have an i anything yet either and I feel it slipping away. We'll be ok though! Hey, at least you are only 34, wait til you turn 40!!!!! LOL!!!! Just kiddin! Love ya!
I would be so out of touch if I didn't have Kole forcing me into a knew everything all the time!
Post a Comment