A little ride to the pumpkin patch.

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Two little funnies.

I just had to jot down a couple funny moments this week.

Church was cancelled due to snow a week ago.  We took this time to finally watch "The Nativity," a full-length movie of the birth of Jesus.  Some parts of the movie were rough--a lot of violence and cruelty from King Herod.  This was hard for the kids to take.  During one peaceful scene, the three wise men were traveling on their camels and having a conversation with each other.  Abby said to the family, "I don't like this movie."  (pause, pause)  Then one Wise Man said to another, "Neither do I."  The timing was perfect, the laughter was plentiful.

Tonight we had the elders and sister missionaries over for dinner.  We were eating a nice meal of ham, mashed potatoes, salad, and fruit.  During a quiet moment Charlotte politely said, “More apple pie!”  We all busted up laughing.  Abby never knew she could even say “apple pie.”  I soon figured out the apple pie was the mashed potatoes.  She is a big fan of those things.

0 comments: