A little ride to the pumpkin patch.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My newest sister

Meet my good friend De Ann Green. We are the same height, the same build, have similar hair (but I just cut mine), both wear glasses, and have big smiles. I've also noticed our basic taste in clothes is pretty similar. And I do believe we're just a couple years apart in age.

We're both also newer to the ward. The Greens moved in a few months after we did. Since then we've had people confused. Little kids in the ward get us mixed up. People stop and ask me or ask her if "our sister is in town". This has happened multiple times. Someone at a ward activity said it was so nice that my mom was in town. De Ann's mom was there. We went to women's conference together at the stake center (where De Ann knows people--she lived in another ward here about 5 months prior to moving to ours). 5 or 6 people randomly told us we looked like sisters. They were genuinely surprised that we weren't! We were dying.

So, before the end of election day I want to hear what YOU think! My huge band of readers. Look to the right of the blog and take the poll! Let your voice be heard!

10 comments:

Just one tall girl named Laurel said...

WOW! You have found your doppleganger. That is sooo weird! You guys seriously could pass for twins in that pic.

Anonymous said...

How fun is that!! I want one too:) Actually I had one as a teen. My good friend (and neighbor) and I were together "all the time." Many people thought we were sisters, or even twins. We didn't think we looked that much alike. Also, I know how two similarly looking people coming into a ward about the same time can be confusing.

Anonymous said...

Their was a gal I worked with who had sort of the same color hair as me and bangs like I had at the time. She was shorter and a bit heavier, but her last name was "Anderson" wich I guess is close enough to Robison. We sorta wore the same kind of clothes. Anyways...people (secretaries, librarians, other teachers, students) ALWAYS got us mixed up!!! I was given a baby gifts after SHE had her baby. Whenever someone came up to me and said something confusing I would have to say "do you think I'm Nicole, the math teacher?"
--Anne

Sarah Norton said...

Katie- at first I was like, no way because of her hair. It was too thick and dark and was throwing me off. But upon further examination of your faces I must say she does look a lot like you. As if you didn't have enough sisters already! Tell her I said welcome to the family!

Michelle said...

wow!! you really do look so much alike! crazy!

kw87 said...

Other than being mistaken on several occasions for either being YOU or being your twin, many people thought Katie Avery and I were twins or at least sisters in 4th and 5th grade. I guess they were thrown off because we were together ALL the time, got on and off the bus at the same stop, and both had similar hair. Enjoy having family live close by!

DeAnn said...

OK, I hate that people are examining my face!

Robyn said...

I'm DeAnn's sister-in-law, and you look more like you're related than I do.

amy said...

you 2 do look alike, but when you scheme behind our backs to wear matching clothing...that's just unfair :)

Sara said...

Yep, you look like sisters. How cool!