Spring break was soon to be upon us so Daniel and I thought it'd be fun to cook up a little surprise for the kids. I left the kids notes, treasure hunt fashion, that said--I have a secret...it's about tonight...we're going somewhere fun... and the last note was on top of a duffel bag. It said "Pack me! We're staying at a hotel in Chicago tonight!" The news was met with much screaming and jumping. They were excited to say the least.
Stop one: The hotel, actually in the suburbs, as it costs at least double to stay in Chicago itself. We got there at 8:30pm and got to the pool asap. (We were hoping to arrive earlier, but what do you do.) The kids loved every second. The pool, the beds, the cool "huge" bathroom, everything. They were definitely bummed when we had to say goodbye.
Stop two. The Shedd Aquarium! We saw tons of marine life and loved it. Amazing place, amazing animals. Oh, they had a "4-D experience" show too--those are hysterical. If you ever get to go to one, do it. But it freaks some kids out--Andrew and Abby were unhappy, Eliza was oblivious.
Love these jellies.
Just getting down from her shoulder ride.
Stop three. Millennium Park. What a place! And I finally got to see the famous bean. I honestly did not know what to expect. But it's pretty cool! I realized the whole fascination (besides the fact that there are no seams) is the reflections. When you're under the bean you are reflected so many times in such weird angles--it's cool.
4 comments:
what great parents! That sounds like so much fun! My parents were from Chicago. I used to visit there a lot as a kid. You should go to Lincoln Park Zoo next time or take the train down in the winter and see the Christmas window displays. I have wonderful, magical memories of those!
I love Chicago too! There was no big bean or spitting faced building when I was there though. Cool pictures. Thanks so much for sharing. I love how your kids were just in love with the hotel experience like mine, especially Olivia. It reminds me of the movie "Bedtime Stories" with Adam Sandler. The jelly fish were incredible too! Loved your easter blog and the pic of Andrew and other girl reading!! Too cute. P.S. When Chloe saw the last picture of you and Daniel, she said that you look like me! Sorry :)
Sarah, "sorry" is hardly how I'd take a compliment like looking like you! Silly!
lucky you...what a fun vacation!
Post a Comment