Oh. You're getting the details.
I think this was one of the most fun themes to run with for a party...so I went for it!
First, le cake. I loved making this cake and, if I may toot my own horn, it is cuter than any online! I used two mini-loaf pans to create the handle, and a smallish white corning casserole dish for the top. It was a better shape than a true circle, no? The green button, crisscrosses on top, and American Idol logo (printed and laminated) finished it off. Easy, but a nice look.
Abby set up her room as the "wardrobe" room for the Idol singers

Basically dress-ups, plus my shoes, and Grandma (or great-grandma, depending on who you are) Koski's fashion jewelry. (Andrew's keeping an eye on the new fish.)

This has to be the favorite. Some AI decorations have silhouettes of singers on them, so Daniel rounded up some butcher paper from his coworker and I traced/cut these out. I think I may leave them up forever. My babies at play! Do you love the mic's? Daniel added those and they make it magic!

When the guests arrived, we traced their silhouettes on the wall (on a piece of white butcher paper). The girls got all dressed up for their performances, then we had french toast pizza and strawberries for dinner.

Next we played American Idol. We had a few girls really singin' it! Abby included! ;) Some of the funniest moments were the judges. We hammed it up with the judge's personalities. Even Abby's friend knew just how to impersonate both Kara and Randy--it was too funny!

Occasionally the judges get into it and dance.

Next we designed our own Idol outfits with sequins and such. (I printed faces of Idol contestants/judges and glued them on card stock. Kids added bodies.)

Next was cake!

And presents! One friend brought an AI card! She also got two musical cards which brought as much excitement as the gifts!

Abby S. and Abby L. : friends forever!
8 comments:
What a great party! Katie, I think we were best friends in a former life. I love themed parties! I bet we were awesome party planners together up in heaven. That cake is awesome.
phenomenal! Nice job
Amazing. You are so creative!
You are amazing! Wow! By the way, Abby is my new favorite kid! I had a total blast chatting with her on Monday. She CAN NOT be six! She's like a miniature Katie with twice the spunk (if that is even possible!)
Just love that girl!
:) Patty
hooray! way to have an ai party, dawg! love the cake! and the video - oh my oh my - i LOVED abby's "you got a bowl??" HA! love that girl!!
Looks like it was a great birthday party. Love the cake!
You put me to shame as a party Mom. What creative ideas-I love the sillouhettes.
Way to go guys..loved the party theme, ideas, cake, games - you name it, you did it right!!!!
Post a Comment