A little ride to the pumpkin patch.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

trick or treat!

Here they are: hula girl, Popeye, and the wee ballerina!

We gave a grass-cut to an old adult-size skirt, and created a flower barrette from an over sized bracelet (that now fits just right)...
For Popeye I added gold anchor buttons and the big red collar to a blue polo. He's using a "bubble pipe" we bought 8 years ago when Daniel was Professor Plum. Tattoos: crayola marker.

Don't forget the spinach can for the candy! (Yes, we covered a plastic jack-o-lantern bucket.)

All we did here was glue some rhinestone's to Eliza's shirt and we had the rest! I just love this pose.
All together nowThere was something fun about the trick-or-treating this year. We didn't have to carry any toddlers, worry about long princess dresses getting tripped on, or any of that. The kids were pretty independent! They actually went up to the doors together and we stood back and watched! But the really cute part was how Eliza led the show. She was geared up and ready to go! I had to hustle Andrew and Abby along to catch up with her. All things considered, yes, we felt older. For a little parental independence, I'll take it.

1 comments:

Heidi said...

Great costumes!! Love the creativity on your end and the natural drama on their end. Perfect! And btw, your description fits our Halloween perfectly....carrying toddlers and worrying about pretty dresses. Aye-aye-aye. I'll try to be as cool as you and post pictures soon.