A little ride to the pumpkin patch.

Saturday, December 18, 2010

A Thanksgiving to write home about

We were so happy to have family come for Thanksgiving!! Jared, Heidi, and their girls came all the way from Bentonville, Arkansas!


Before this: (yum!)
We decorated sugar cookies, made these: (gum drop turkeys, anyone?)
Played a mean turkey bowl in the very cold back yard, and sewed these: (dressed as princesses, of course)
Which eventually became these: (Abby was loving it! She sewed every vegetable possible!)

We also visited the Milwaukee Public Museum, took a tour of Daniel's office,
and began our Christmas puzzle! With intensity! What a great week!
The Christmas puzzle (for you non-immediate-family readers) had been done in my home growing up every year since I can remember. (You'll see the finished product in the next post or two.) Some of us siblings gravitated to the same section each year and worked tirelessly until it was done. I also remember my Dad staying up late to finish the hardest parts so it would be done by Christmas. A few years ago my sister, Anne, found this exact puzzle (with no pieces missing!) on ebay and gave it to us for Christmas! Was that the coolest gift or what!? I've had it for several years now but the kids were too young and I had no place to put and leave it up. I have just had the box out for decoration. But finally it is time! This is the beginning of the Christmas puzzle tradition for this Stewart family! Thanks, Anne!!

5 comments:

Anne said...

you're welcome!

Dorothy said...

Yep, Anne thinks of the best Christmas gifts! No pieces missing? That's way better than the original!

Jeff and Risae Carlson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeff and Risae Carlson said...

I had to remove my comment because I was horrified to see I incorrectly used the word "they're" in my first comment. I had to delete it. I HATE reading that.
Here's a version of the original comment.


Puzzles...Nobody understands how great they are. I wish I had room to set up a puzzle this year. I'll have to go to my mom and dad's and work on theirs.
It was so nice to see your parents at Uncle Bob's funeral. You mom gets prettier every time I see her.

Bushchicken said...

When I read your post I thought "she didn't mention the brining...must not have been that great". So I was relieved to see the note you wrote us on your Christmas card. Glad you enjoyed the turkey and thanks for the card!