A little ride to the pumpkin patch.

Monday, December 12, 2011

Rainbow party!

Somebody turned six!!  Her name starts with an E and rhymes with LEE-PIE-ZAH!
Deciding on a theme for this party didn't come quickly.  Eliza wasn't really into a "thing" that screamed PARTY!  Until I realized that everything she comes home from school with is colored rainbow-style! So a rainbow party it was!

I saw this dot garland idea online--sewing paper dots together!  Really easy to do and really easy to adapt to a rainbow theme.  We also had rainbow patterned balloons and streamers.  So eye-catching!
 
 Among other surprises and  goodies, Eliza got her very own fuzzy chair on her birthday morning!
 Friends came over after school for games, dinner, and cake.
 Eliza requested a cake with rainbow stripes.  I added marshmallows for the "cloud" effect.  Also threw some food coloring in the cake batter for a multi-colored surprise inside!
 Eliza also helped plan her games...we had musical chairs, duck duck goose, unwrap the gift (whoever rolls doubles) game, sleeping fairies, and a rainbow treasure hunt.  For the treasure hunt we collected these candies one at a time at each clue.  Each girl filled her own rainbow jar. I thought they turned out so cute.  We also had a rainbow colored friendship bracelet for Eliza's friends.  Love that 6 year-old!  She's a sweetheart!
As usual the birthday party was a whirlwind of activity!  I gotta give credit to Daniel who got the girls going on painting rainbow pictures right off the bat and kept them busy with musical chairs and just kept things running smoothly (as I worked crazy behind the scenes with food and other stuff)!  He is the best party planning and executing partner ever!

0 comments: