A little ride to the pumpkin patch.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

groupies

Saturday afternoon 4 friends and I went out on an all girls excursion. We hopped in a minivan, headed West, and soon showed Madison, WI how fun a bunch of Mormon Moms are! First we went bowling and I scored in the area of 88. Impressive, I know. We had some great entertainment in the next lane. She was blond, about 90 pounds, perky and probably 16. (and there with a boy) Every time she went to bowl she heaved/dropped the 8 pound "barbie" pink ball. Thud. Every time. We are pretty sure she still beat half of us with her stellar technique.

After the bowling we went to Applebees and ate up! Then we headed to a bar/lounge place (smoke free, how nice is that!?) to listen to The Lucas Cates Band. We had a blast!! We had some good laughs as we realized how much we stuck out with our hot cocoas and waters. We even had a few glorious moments out dancing!

Though a couple of the girls are devoted followers, this was my first time hearing The Lucas Cates Band. They are from Madison and do a bit of touring. They are really good! I loved hearing them live. Their instrumental solos were incredible. Really talented guys and great songs! Live music is the best. And watching a band like this is so fun with a bunch of girlfriends!


We hopped back in the car at 12:30am and I was back home in bed by 2:30! I haven't stayed out that late in a l o n g time.

One of the girl's husband gave her "permission" to see the band as long as she didn't come back a groupie. Well...I don't know...I think we're all planning on seeing them in Milwaukee in January!

Check out pictures at my friend, Emily's, blog!

1 comments:

Heidi said...

That is quite the night. I read the post on Emily's blog, too. I loved hearing about the hot chocolate incident...you want me to doctor that up. ha! On our honeymoon Jared asked for something "virgin" and the guys asked him..."Why...ya pregnant?!" Ha!