A little ride to the pumpkin patch.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Kohl's Christmas!


Every year Kohl's does a "Big Event." For several years before we were here they had a day at Great America (six flags). I think they might have rented out the whole park...anyway, definitely a "big event!" This year they made their Christmas party their Big Event. We were amazed.
Huge heated tents went up in the parking lots--they hosted many festive activities. To name a few: ornament, cookie, frame, and stocking making/decorating for the kids. Puppet shows, singers/bands, magicians, story-tellers, jugglers. They had kid-food and lots of great big-people food. They had a "Rockefeller Center" tent boasting this amazing ice sculpture. It also held a real ice skating rink! At the rink they had free skating, free lessons, as well as ice hockey and figure skating demos. Outside they were making snow to ensure the kiddies had a place to build snowmen and forts. (The 10 foot snowbanks from a previous storm were a natural draw for the kids.) A horse-drawn carriage was available to take you from tent to tent (or just a shuttle for those who didn't want to wait forever). Santa was even there--though we were too busy playing to see him.
It was a great day--On the way home Abby was bursting with excitement over what fun she had--we all loved it!

4 comments:

DeAnn said...

Wow. I think Jonathan may have to look for a job at Kohls.

The Allreds said...

too much fun! we finally got a Kohls that I can drive to : )

kim said...

I have shopped so much at Kohls these last couple of weeks, that i think I might personally be funding Daniel's paycheck! Totally worth it for all the great sales though! Glad to know that they are good to their employees... and their kids!

Heidi said...

Now THAT sounds like a party!