A little ride to the pumpkin patch.

Monday, September 28, 2009

PIANO!

After Abby started asking for lessons, we decided we needed a piano in the house. Sure, a keyboard would have worked, but let's face it, I really wanted a piano. So we kept our eyes on Craigslist for a while. One night Daniel found a very nice looking piano, smaller style (fitting for our space), at a great price. So, we checked it out, did a little negotiating, and bought it at an even better price! And now, we finally have it safely delivered!
Eliza and her friend, Grace


It's been interesting getting familiar with the sound of a piano in a home again. I'm taken back to my growing up years just at its sound when plunked on by the kids. It sure reminds me of home. I didn't expect that to happen, it's nice. The trick is trying not to annoy my neighbors. The sound carries and we're all very close. So, we talk about not pounding, playing softer, and we've put this blanket over the back to dampen the sound (the piano mover's idea). I do think it helps.


A little view of the room...starting to feel spatially creative...like the NY days...(gasp!)
We hope to start Andrew and Abby in lessons in January. Until then they just think I ROCK because I can play through a song. I'm quite excited to be able to play and practice myself. Until I get better, they won't really know what they're missing! ha ha!

2 comments:

Sarah Norton said...

Congratulations on your piano! It's perfect! I remember having all those same memories coming back when we brough Russ's grandma's piano home. It is so fun. I need to get my kids back in lessons- we took a summer break. Good luck!

Heidi said...

How fun!!! That looks like a really nice one, too. The hills are alive...