A couple weekends ago we took a day trip out to Kohler-Andrae State Park with our friends, the Taylors! I must admit...it was cold to start! We started off at the Nature Center hoping the rain would die down, which it did. Though we enjoyed some sprinkles, it didn't hold us back.You know how kids play no matter what. They were in the water and building in the sand despite the cold! We (adults) were huddled in camping chairs and blankets (aka: towels).
Lake Michigan never ceases to amaze me with its vastness. You really feel like you're back at the Oregon coast.
Abby is huddling and playing in the sand.
Eliza seems to think every picture needs a ballet pose.
After we played at the beach we found the dunes! My long awaited dunes...I was really excited. I have such fond memories jumping off grassy "cliffs" at the beaches as well as visiting the sand dunes as a kid. Well, we found some! They were mostly covered with vegetation, but here and there we discovered the great pits of sand to run and play in. And run and play we did! I was in heaven watching my kids be in heaven. (Thankfully too, the weather cleared up and we enjoyed some sun!)
I just have to say that Abby was having the time of her life. I mean all the kids were, but she really was. Abby is not really into sporty things. She rides her bike and plays around, but she doesn't think "a sport" is for her. She found herself so in love with hiking and running these hills she exclaimed, "Whenever I have to exercise, bring me HERE!!" She also exclaimed, "This is paradise!"
And the theme of the day, "What goes up...
...must come down."
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Dunes!!
Posted by Katie at 10:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This post is bringing back such great memories! What fun you had!! I'm with Abby- forget the gym, take me to the dunes!
I only have 5 trees :( I want to come visit you sooooo bad!!!!
sooooo fun! glad you had a nice day even through the raindrops!
Post a Comment