A little ride to the pumpkin patch.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Our summer read

We just finished tonight. What a fun story! Andrew and Abby loved it! Eliza could barely sit through any one chapter. I enjoyed relearning the story and I thought the writing was refreshingly complex for a children's book. The kids learned new words and really had to think about the meaning of some passages. I think they got a lot from it. Has anyone read the sequels? Are they worth reading? They love this routine at bedtime, I can tell I better pick up another book, pronto!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Fun! I can't wait until my girls are old enough for that one. We just finished a fun one called "The Golden Goose" by the author of Babe. I think your kids would like it. It was a bit above my girls, but with some added explanations they were able to follow.

Michelle said...

fun, fun! we'll have to tuck that book in our shelves! our summer reads have been "how to train your dragon" by cressida crowell and "sideways stories from wayside school".