I know you are all dying to know. I found out (from my friend Vicki, who does the ironman, is a chiropractor, and who worked from an office in the gym) that Wisconsin Health and Fitness had been in financial trouble for a while. Vicki said Sneakers had offered her an office in their builing about 6 months ago, but she said no thanks. Well, the owner of WHF hadn't been paying his energy bills for a while and they just shut off the power on a Wednesday. Vicki was informed Tuesday night at 9:30. Wednesday she met with patients by candle light! Fortunately Sneakers has taken her in. I guess this lack of funds explains why they never replaced the hot water heater that broke over 2 months ago!
Because Sneakers only has 2 hours of childcare a day, and they charge, I've been avoiding taking the kids. And so far, really, there's something to be said about getting up early! And a couple times I've come home (7:30ish) and the kids were still asleep. Nice! In fact, thanks to staying up way too late, everyone's still snoozing and I've got a morning to myself. Wow.
Sneakers is a beautiful, sunny, huge gym. Much nicer than the other (thus the higher prices). But I am enjoying the nice, new facility. And I've seen quite a few familiar faces, so it's been fun.
Oh, dear. I ramble so. I better write something about the kids, right? Is that what you really want?
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Phase two in the gym saga
Posted by Katie at 8:14 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I actually WAS dying to know when the gym Saga 2 would come. Too bad about the childcare. But, being an early-morning gym nerd myself, I think there's something to be said about going before the kids wake up. And like you said, if you're lucky...they still may be asleep when you get home. You could even get a shower! ;)
Post a Comment