A little ride to the pumpkin patch.

Sunday, July 27, 2008

crystal experiment

Andrew earned a crystal growing kit a while back and we finally got to doing it. Well, Daniel did it with him. I can't take any credit. I just kept the girls at bay. Anyway, here is the clear crystal set-up:
Here is the final product! I don't know how well you can see them, but it turned out pretty cool

And this next one will be filled with a purple solution to grow...purple ones. Sorry for the lack of technical terms. The boys even made these plaster molds. And we thank our landscapers for all the rocks.
They filled this container with a dark purple solution and...a week later...

The color is a little funky in places, but they really sparkle in the light.


2 comments:

Michelle said...

cool! that looks like a great prize for the "store"...love andrew's big smiles.

The Allreds said...

fun project, I'm sure that was an eye opener for the kids...right up their alley!