I just need a minute to complain. But first I will say that most of the time I honestly do not mind living in this apartment. In fact, it's been very nice to us.
But
A month or two ago two boys (early 20's?) moved in downstairs, directly beneath us. They are musicians. At first I actually found it cool when I heard them playing their guitars while I was downstairs waiting for the bus.
But
Not cool anymore. This guy can sing at a normal volume OR at screaming yelling singing volume. And has done so at both 12:45 am and 2:30 am. AND his voice is bad. Bad. Horrible. Off key. Scratchy.
And
He has a temper. Amidst some drumming/playing the other day (and once in the middle of the night) I heard occasional outbursts (yelling, swearing) of frustration when there was a mess-up.
And
During most of his songs he really only switches cords twice.
And
Did you notice "drumming" up there? Yep. Real genuine drums right below my living room.
Complaining over. Thanks.
Monday, November 24, 2008
too much music
Posted by Katie at 3:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
oooh. that's no fun. nothing bothers me more than noise pollution. i dealt with it plenty at college - you had to tolerate it there. not anymore. it bothers me when my cat meows at night!
I think that you have "cause"....some legal term I am learning about b/c of the barking dogs on my floor....talk to the landlord......there should be some sort of noise rule...my building is noise between like 7 am and midnight is ok...something like that.
you can do it!
Not cool. Take Action!!! And good luck...
After infraction #2 I had a chat with the manager. She said there's a 10:30 noise rule in Germantown. So, we decided to leave a note this time and then if it kept up we'd call the cops (I guess, who wants to do that though...)
But ever since the middle-of-the-night things it really makes me cringe to hear his voice at all. period.
OUCH!!! When we moved here I told James I NEVER wanted to share walls again. I was mostly concerned about what others heard coming from my home...bad piano playing, bad singing coming from the shower, etc. : )
HOpe they move out soon!!!
I thought the cold was bad! Now drums and crappy singing??? I will pray for you!!!
Post a Comment