A little ride to the pumpkin patch.

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Trick or Treat!

Better get this on the blog before Thanksgiving, eh? Here is our Halloween excitement!
Strawberry Shortcake. Here's Abby's complete look. Can I just say, I had a lot of fun putting these costumes together this year. So... we opted out of the striped shirt (how many hours of shopping would it take...) and instead I ironed on a picture of Strawberry we found on some fabric. And by the way, every strawberry on that hat was ironed on by yours truly.


Strawberry Shortcake's little sister, Apple Dumpling. This outfit we modified to reduce stress. I thought it turned out pretty cute! I added the gingham collar and ruffled cuffs around the pants as well as the apples to the yellow outfit. And did the hat...


The full view of the hat. Here's Yoda. With ears, a hooded cloak, and six fingers in all. Basically I modified (widening arms, adding the hood) a robe pattern. The ears were fashioned after a dog Yoda costume I saw. And I have to send a shout out to Debra who helped with a lot of the searching and ideas for the costume details!Carving time. Eliza immediately told me she wanted a SCARY face! This face!



After trick-or-treating...


1 comments:

Sarah Norton said...

Love the costumes. I remember playing with Strawberry shortcake at the Koshravis with Shauna!