Wow--so sounds like people like to talk Twilight, new moon, breaking dawn, whatever.
In general (without thinking too hard or evaluating with high school honors English skills)...
I loved them!!
SPOILER!!! stop reading if you haven't read all the books!!
I really loved book one the most. I definitely got caught up in the romance! It was so fun, mysterious, and engaging. As soon as I finished it I realized why everyone was so hyper about the movie. I wanted to see it right away!! (but didn't manage to--it was just leaving theaters)I also loved the other books. Book two was so heartbreaking.
Skipping to the fourth (and most fresh in my mind). I thought it was great. BUT I had a few qualms. I felt as though Bella's pregnancy and birth of her daughter were enough of a climax. Once the baby was there and everyone was well, and she'd "changed" and they'd gotten their home from Esme, I was pleased as punch. I didn't need anymore--could have shut the book. But of course I didn't. I got myself back into the story and hoped for a good fight at the end. But I was totally let down! It was nice that Bella saved them with her new found power, but I would have preferred more drama after all that build up. Especially her trip to Seattle and all.
BUT I really loved the very end when she opens her mind so Edward can know her thoughts. It couldn't have been sweeter. So, I ended happy, again.
Kage, Emily, yes, I totally missed the Twilight boat. I'd heard of it only once or twice before the movie came out. It was then that I knew I had to get my hands on the book. (Thank you Daniel for the Christmas present!) Then it was only a matter of time to get them all finished. I wanted to hurry before the movie was released on video. I've never been so excited for a movie to come to video! We're even having a Twilight movie party with the girls here--I can't wait. I'm such a nerd!
3 comments:
I wanted more bloodshed in book 4 too.
I felt like there was a cycle of like 3 repeating chapters.
Jacob in the woods
Jacob checks in
Jacob back in the woods
REPEAT
SO that was exasperating!
The highlights of the entire series:
voltari in Italy for sure
finding out about the werewolves, did NOT see that coming
the whole pregnancy/birth
the fight seen when alice like breaks someone's neck
I didn't care for book 1 and all the obsessiveness about each other...but I finally GOT IT when I saw the movie. I understood it was this weird phenomenon, just between them....I think after all the hype, I expected to be drawn into Edward too, but when I wasn't I was like...huh....and then the movie helped me get it.
I also thought Bella had no spine...like there was no consideration for who she dated, if she had sex or not etc. I missed a little inner-conflict...besides Jacob vs. Edward...
I loved the plot, wish it had been written by stephen king or ken follet or somebody ELSE.
I LOVED the books and had such high hopes for the movie. Alas, I hated it. :(
Kage, yes, I see your exasperation! I think all her books had a fair amount of repetition/dwelling on things. That's funny that the movie helped you "get it." I was definitely had. You're right, more inner conflict would have been nice and more conflict or emotion after beening changed. It was almost too easy. Well, it was. Mmmm, a Stephen King Twilight...don't know if I'd be able to stomach what he'd do with it. haha.
Karen, my friend entitled a blog post about a Thomas the Train movie "The worst movie ever made" (or something like that, help me out jessica). The first line in the post was "And no, I'm not talking about Twilight." Aaak. So, I'm prepared to have the movie sink or swim. I hope to love it.
Post a Comment