A little ride to the pumpkin patch.

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Vanishing

I'm so mad I could scream. I really just might.

Yesterday I unscrewed the plastic plug from the bottom of my salt shaker. I filled it up with iodized sea salt, and COULD NOT for the LIFE of me find the plug! I was so hungry (just making my lunch) and had the dang shaker in one hand, preventing the salt from coming out either end. I looked and looked and looked and looked and looked. 10 times everywhere humanly possible. I finally put the dang shaker in the spoon rest, that was just the right angle to keep the salt in. I ate my lunch. I have combed the kitchen again, as has Daniel. It is gone. Gone!

Tonight I am packing for our trip to Utah tomorrow night. I put some of the little girls' dirty undies in a plastic sack to take and wash while I was there. Need a few extras. :) Well, it's the salt shaker plug story all over again. I CANNOT find it!!! Where the !!#%@% is the sack!!??

I'm going to scream.

2 comments:

Just one tall girl named Laurel said...

Arg! I hate that! So frustrating to lose stuff-- especially when you JUST had it... and it just suddenly disappears to that crazy place where all lost things go-- a whole land of single mittens, single socks, contacts, keys, single earrings, shirt buttons, and salt stoppers. Good luck with the finding!

The Allreds said...

at least you have small children to blame when worse comes to worse : ) just kidding.
I'm sure your goods will turn up in the most unlikely of places. I'm still on a hunt for a 1 c. measuring cup, we're all in this together!?!?