As usual, my family pulled off a wonderful Mother's Day for me. I enjoyed flowers, a collection of Beatrix Potter books I've been long looking for, and adorable cards and handmade gifts from the kids. Daniel even made my dinner request of veggie fettuccine alfredo. (Sarah's recipe, thanks Sarah!)
So, the Mother's Day moment? Dinner. But not the dinner itself (delicious as it was). It was the right-after-the-prayer moment. I got to EAT! With my food HOT! While Daniel attended to the last-second jobs: grabbing the sour dough loaf out of the oven, cutting it, serving it, buttering all the kids's slices, cutting the pasta for kids. Phew. But wait--clunk--SPLASH! He even cleaned up fresh spilled and far-splattered apple juice! I just sat there and realized how beautiful a moment it was as I kept eating my delicious, warm dinner.
Thanks, honey.
Monday, May 12, 2008
Mother's Day Moment
Posted by Katie at 6:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Isn't it amazing what the best gifts are? Eating a warm meal without getting up six times...wow, what a treat! I hear ya! One of my best gifts was an hour nap Sunday morning. Woo-hoo! (It's all about sleeping and eating in peace...ha!)You're an awesome mom. Way to go!
K, I totally want the recipe, and not to mention my husband to make it and serve it and all that, but lets just start with the recipe and go fromt here.
-Dorothy
awwww...that really is a treat! cute pic of you & eliza.
Post a Comment